Australia has always turned to Labor for ideas.
All great Labor achievements begin with ideas, ambition and conversations. The Chifley Research Centre exists to start those conversations, bringing ideas and ambitions for a better Australia to life.
We’ve been hosting conversations and helping to bring ideas to life for a while.
This year’s ALP National Conference Fringe program, presented by the Chifley Research Centre, follows the path of previous Labor Fringe Festivals – embracing the diversity of opinions and facilitating conversations on everything from renewable energy infrastructure to the future of healthcare and the NDIS. Occurring alongside the ALP National Conference, it offers opportunities for the general public to participate in these conversations.
Labor Engaged ‘23, on 17-19 August in Brisbane, coinciding with the 49th ALP National Conference, is an opportunity to engage in conversations about the ideas and issues defining today’s social and political landscape.
Debates that spark progressive change to the policies that shape our future don’t just happen. Events like Labor Engaged ‘23, is only possible due to the incredible support offered by the hundreds of Chifley Champions across Australia who chip in to support our work. Will you join them and support the Chifley Research Centre today?
Why Donate to the Chifley Research Centre?
The Chifley Research Centre, inspired by the words of Ben Chifley that “Labor must not only desire to win, it must deserve to win,” is dedicated to advancing democracy, equality, and opportunity. We’ve celebrated Labor’s history and helped forge the future, but there’s still more to be done. Here’s how your support can make a difference:
- Develop Progressive Policy Solutions: Your donation will contribute to researching and shaping innovative solutions to our society’s biggest challenges, like energy transition in response to climate change, workplace reforms, new housing policies, the balance between work and care, and early childhood development.
- Foster a Community of Thinkers: By supporting the Chifley Research Centre, you’re investing in nurturing a community of Labor thinkers who drive change. Help us continue the legacy of Labor’s hero Prime Minister, Ben Chifley, and build a culture of progressive ideas.
- Build a Community of Ideas: Your contribution enables us to organise landmark events like the Labor Engaged ‘23 – Labor Fringe program and the Chifley 2023 Conference in January. These gatherings provide a platform where ordinary people and leaders unite, collaborating and shaping the progressive thoughts that will define our future.
- Preserve Labor History: Together, we can honour and preserve the stories and achievements of Australia’s greatest progressive leaders. Your support will help maintain our online museum, which is filled with invaluable historical artifacts.
- Unlock the Future: As we approach a decisive period for Australia, your donation will empower us to take the necessary steps towards success. It’s more than ambition; it’s about making real change.
Your Donation, Your Impact
We are proud of what we have done, but we know we can do more. We know that the next 12 months will be a decisive period for Australia success will take more than ambition and energy, it will also require money and resources. Can you chip in today to support us over the next 12 months?
With your support we will:
- We will develop progressive policy solutions to society’s biggest problems.
- We will continue to support a community of Labor Thinkers.
- We will honour Australian Labor’s history of achievements.
Help us nurture the Labor culture of ideas.
About the Centre’s finances
The Chifley Research Centre is supported by the Australian Government through a grant in aid administered by the Department of Finance. It has Deductible Gift Receipt status under the Income Tax Act 1997, making all donations to the Centre tax deductible. Almost all of the activities listed in our program of work above are funded by supporter donations and our funding partners.