The Chifley Research Centre (CRC) is Australia’s leading progressive research institution.
Established in 1996, the CRC is an independent research centre, or ‘think‐tank’, with a close relationship to the Australian Labor Party, the union movement and the broader progressive community.
The CRC is looking to consolidate its recent growth and expand its operations in 2014 and is seeking a full‐time Executive Director to lead the operations of the Centre.
The CRC aims over the next 3 years to cement its place as a leading organisation in progressive politics in Australia, by retaining existing positive programs and developing new programs which lift the profile of the Centre.
The Executive Director will be responsible for implementing this plan and also for:
- Overseeing a growth in the activity of the Centre, including through active engagement in the media;
- Managing existing programs and platforms for the CRC such as the Progressive Australia outreach program, the National Community Dialogue and the Young Progressive Leaders Program;
- Raising new sources of funding for the Centre for project and related work;
- Developing a coherent media and social media strategy for the CRC that can influence public policy debate in Australia.
The CRC maintains an existing platform of online presences including:
- www.chifley.org.au: the main website for the Centre, with details of events and publications from the Centre;
- www.laborhistory.org.au: an online web‐archive of material from the Australian Labor Party’s history.
The Executive Director will have responsibility for maintaining these web presences as dynamic content focused on outreach for the Centre.
Executive Director will have responsibility for managing the staffing of the CRC as well as regularly reporting to the Board of Directors on budgetary and program work.
The Executive Director will report directly to the Board of Directors of the CRC.
The position will include a base salary and an incentivised additional salary package based on performance against key performance indicators.
How to apply
Applications close at 5pm on 7 February 2014.